Monday, September 23, 2013

Salmon Recipe!




Salmon!


Last night I made Salmon for dinner! I have to come up with ways to cook things that are normally cooked on a grill haha! This was pretty easy to figure out! Josh and I love this Salmon! We went Whale Watching this past weekend and ever since then I have wanted some seafood for dinner! haha! 


INGREDIENTS:
  1. Salmon.(This time I had almost 2 lbs of salmon, normally I just get 1)
  2. Salt and Pepper to taste.
  3. Butter.(cut a few slices)
  4. A Lemon or two.(optional)
You will also need a cookie sheet and 2 pieces of foil. The foil needs to be a little longer then the length of your Salmon. Pre-heat your oven to 375

DIRECTIONS:
  1. Put the first piece of foil down onto your cookie sheet and then your salmon, skin down.(you can take the skin off if you like)
  2. Cut your lemon in to thin slices and place underneath the slab of fish.(if you want to with the left over end pieces of lemon, you can squeeze a little bit on the top of the salmon, too)
  3. Salt and pepper the top of the salmon to your liking and then slice up some butter and lay across evenly.
  4. Take you second piece of foil and put it onto. Fold pieces of foil together so the juices don't spill out. On all sides. On each end leave a little unfolded so theres a little room for air.
  5. Put in your oven for 20-30 minutes. Because I had such a big fillet this time I had to put it in for longer and check it once or twice. For smaller pieces it should only take around 20-25 minutes.

TADA!


I also made Asparagus and mashed potatoes for the side dishes. Here is how I cook my asparagus!
 My mashed potatoes, unfortunately, were from an instant mix. I did not have potatoes on hand nor did I feel like making anything extra! haha, but they were all natural and gluten free! haha! Not that I needed them to be but wherever I can have the healthier option I like to make it! Here are some pictures from our whale watching adventure from saturday!




Humpback Whales!

HUGE!! Jellyfish!

More Humpbacks!

Out in the Monterey Bay!


TWITTER: @haleymarie1991
INSTAGRAM: haleymarie1991



No comments:

Post a Comment