Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Basil Shrimp Pasta




Basil Shrimp Pasta!


This is a side dish. Well, I guess you could just eat it by itself haha! We like this with steak! I made this one up too! I wanted something with steak and had some bow tie pasta and tomatoes lying around and made this! My husband says it's one of his favorites!


INGREDIENTS:
  1. 2 pounds or less of Shrimp, peeled and deveined. 
  2. 3 cloves of Garlic, minced.
  3. 1 tablespoon of Dried Basil. (fresh sprigs, or the dried crushed kind)
  4. 16oz of Pasta. (I've used spaghetti, and even whole wheat pasta too)
  5. 2 cups of Roma Tomatoes, chopped.
  6. 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil.
DIRECTIONS:

     Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside. Saute the shrimp with the garlic in the olive oil until they loose their transparency.(2-3 minutes) Add basil and tomatoes. Let simmer for 5 more minutes. Serve with warm pasta!

Now that I think about it, this would probably taste really good with spaghetti squash too! haha! For those that don't want all that pasta haha! (I LOVE PASTA!)

No comments:

Post a Comment