Saturday, August 17, 2013

Something Sweet Saturday: Oat Meal Chocolate Chip Cookies




Oat Meal, Chocolate Chip Cookies





       I am not a big sweets eater. Strange, I know, but I love Oat Meal Chocolate Chip Cookies. 
Plus, you can justify eating them for breakfast even more because they have oat meal in them!
I am sure most of you know how to make these, or that there is a similar recipe on the bottom 
of the lid of the oats container! Its for Oat Meal Raisin Cookies but all you have to do is switch
the raisins for chocolate chips. I took it a little further though. The ingredients call for "all-purpose 
flour. Well, I switched it out with wheat flour. Most of the time when you do that it does NOT taste
as good, am I right? haha! And! my husband is certainly not a fan of wheat things, but I'd thought I 
would try it. For the sake of trying to just to be good steward of the body we are given haha! Well,  my husband didn't even notice and he said that it was the best batch I ever made. SCORE! So here is the list of ingredients and directions.


   INGREDIENTS:
  1. 1/2 cup(1 stick) of Butter, softened. *you can put it in the microwave for 5-10 secs or let sit out until it is soft.
  2. 3/4 cup of firmly packed Brown Sugar.
  3. 1/2 cup of Granulated Sugar.
  4. 2 Eggs.
  5. 1 teaspoon of Vanilla
  6. 1 1/2 cups of All-purpose Flour, OR Wheat Flour.
  7. 1 teaspoon of  Baking Soda.
  8. 1 teaspoon of Cinnamon.
  9. 1/2 teaspoon of salt (optional).
  10. 3 cups of Quaker Oats (quick or old fashioned, uncooked.)
  11. 1 cup of Chocolate Chips.
  DIRECTIONS:
  1. Heat oven to 350F. In a large bowl, beat butter and sugars on medium speed with a mixer until creamy.
  2. Add eggs and vanilla, beat well.
  3. Add flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt; mix well.
  4. Add oats and chocolate chips; mix well.
  5. Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto a cookie sheet. * I use a ice cream scooper to get the size I want. It easier to scoop out and it wont blend back you spoons haha!
  6. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. I let them sit on the cookie sheet to cool for a few minutes. *this makes around 4 dozen.
   NOTES: To keep the cookies soft longer, put a piece of bread in the container with your cookies. I  promise it helps haha! Also, if you don't have a mixer, this is really easy to mix by hand. It's what I do every time I make them. I do not have a mixer yet! haha! 




INSTAGRAM: haleymarie1991
TWITTER: @haleymarie1991


No comments:

Post a Comment